Sunday, October 27, 2013

Having A U.S. Government Job


A lot of people think that working for the U.S. Government has huge advantages. And it does, from the pay to the benefits and all the other perks that come along with working for the US Government. But along with those big advantages, depending on what kind of government job you have there can be some huge disadvantages too. Along with any government job, there's a huge background check. They check any and everything about you, and if they find so much as a DING on your record you won't get that job. With some government jobs you have to know how to use a firearm and be licensed for it. Some government jobs require you to take long tests. With my specific government job you have to take a test and you get put on a waiting list. The higher you score, the higher you will be on the list. When you finally get picked, you'll get sent an application to fill out, you have to get a physical done and you're in.

At first I really liked my job, liked all the pay I was getting and bringing home to pay bills with and bought whatever I wanted. But after a while, I've noticed certain things and went through certain things that made me wonder if it's even worth it anymore. I mean, I would literally have the dog mess worked out of me until I can barely walk to my car to go home. I could barely stay awake sometimes when I'm driving home. I catch a cold, still had to go to work. Barely getting breaks, if I don't just walk away and take my break depending on who my supervisor is for that night I won't get one. Work my butt off, have lunch then work my butt off some more. I come home dirty, angry and frustrated, just a big whole MESS! Other co workers I've seen and talked to have done some pretty off the wall stuff to deal with the stress of our government job. I'm not all that perfect, I used to drink a lot to deal with the stress of my job. But after a while I couldn't even do that since I bought a car.

Plus I've adopted new and more constructive ways to deal with the stress of my government job. I try and get more rest, I write blogs like this one and I've also invested in a home based business. I love working on my home based business, it distracts me from what I go through at my job plus I make additional income. It feels good knowing that I can make supplemental income on top of the income I'm already getting from my primary source of income. This way, just in case I lose my primary source I have my secondary source of income to back me up. And plus if everything goes right and I build my business like I'm supposed to I may not even need this job anymore! I can finally live the life I'm supposed to live and help others do the same if they really want it.

I really don't want to be too pitch with this blog so I'll end it with this. To everybody reading this that is considering working for the government, just be careful of what kind of government job you want to get. And please, please consider getting at least one other stream of income! You know what happened with the government shutdown, didn't you?

Also read: How To Work From Home With A Government Job
                Having A Home Based Business While Working A Government Job
                My Experience Having A Government Job

No comments:

Post a Comment